The woman’s boyfriend, Khek Chanthalavong, had been using a blowtorch to remove fur from the squirrel on a wooden deck. Owners of the complex claimed cooking a squirrel on the deck violated her rental agreement. Even though her boyfriend caused the fire, Pellow is still liable under a lease agreement for what justices described as a “fur-burning escapade.”
“Because defendant signed the lease agreement, she is presumed to have read and understood its contents,” the three-judge panel wrote.
Who the hell eats squirel?